Tammy is a Registered Masters-Level Social Worker (#10643) and Certified EMDR Therapist (EMDR-CT) who offers client-centered, holistic, compassionate support to CHILDREN, YOUTH, ADULTS AND FAMILIES
- trauma informed
- culturally safe
and grounded in kindness, hope and positivity.
Tammy has experience in a diverse range of mental health and social work roles both as an RSW and mental health and substance use clinician. Tammy has worked in inpatient psychiatry, in acute/community and residential care as well as working in crisis and emergency mental health response for several years in multiple locations.
Tammy has experience working with all ages, from preschooler to seniors.
Besides working within the healthcare and mental health systems, Tammy has counseling experience within educational systems, from elementary to college level.
After completing her graduate degree, Tammy combined her passion as an equestrian with her passion for mental health and wellness by offering equine facilitated wellness (EFT) and animal assisted therapy (AAT), along with traditional counseling that is compassionate, client-centered and focused on healing. Tammy’s practice is farm-based and offers immersion in nature: the counselling cabin is surrounded by horse corrals, trees and mountains.
“I am privileged to offer caring, trauma-informed, confidential support to the children, youth, families and adults I support.”
— Tammy Thielman BSW MSW RSW EMDR-CT
Tammy offers non-judgmental, client-centered, trauma-informed, compassionate care warm in a safe, healing environment in which clients set the pace and collaborate in their own healing and wellness journey.
TCC clients feel supported by Tammy’s knowledge and grounding in current integrative treatment modalities such as:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR/EMDRIA)
- Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TIP-CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing, Family Systems, Humanistic Theory, Substance Use and Stages of Change Model
- Psycho-dynamic Theory, Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), Narrative Therapy (NT) and Somatic and Mindfulness Approaches
- Attachment Theory, bio-psycho-social theory and neuroplasticity psycho-education.
- EFW-Can MHP (Equine Facilitated Wellness Canada, Mental Health Professional) National Certification in Process.
All treatment modalities are informed by an anti-oppressive, post-modernist practice approach that is culturally safe, anti-racist and inclusive of all identities. Tammy is a First Nations ally with additional and ongoing training in cross-cultural and decolonizing First Nations practice approaches that honour Indigenous world views.