Tammy is a Registered Masters-Level Social Worker (#10643) and clinical mental health therapist who offers client-centred, holistic, compassionate support that is
- trauma informed
- culturally safe
and grounded in kindness, hope and positivity.
Tammy has experience in a diverse range of mental health and social work roles both as an RSW and mental health and substance use clinician. Tammy has worked in inpatient psychiatry, in acute/community and residential care as well as working in crisis and emergency mental health response for several years in multiple locations.
Tammy has experience working with all ages, from preschooler to seniors.
Besides working within the healthcare and mental health systems, Tammy has counseling experience within educational systems, from elementary to college level.
After completing her graduate degree, Tammy combined her passion as an equestrian with her passion for mental health and wellness by offering equine facilitated wellness (EFT) and animal assisted therapy (AAT), along with traditional counseling.
“I am privileged to offer warm, positive & confidential support to TCC clients.”
— Tammy Thielman
TCC Services and Philosophy
Tammy offers non-judgemental, positive, warm regard in a safe environment in which clients set the pace and collaborate in their own healing and wellness journey.
TCC clients feel supported by Tammy’s knowledge and grounding in current integrative treatment modalities such as:
- Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TIP-CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing, Family Systems, Humanistic Theory, Substance Use and Stages of Change Model
- Psycho-dynamic Theory, Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), Narrative Therapy (NT) and Somatic and Mindfulness Approaches
- Attachment Theory, bio-psycho-social theory and neuroplasticity psycho-education.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR/EMDRIA)
- EFW-Can MHP (Equine Facilitated Wellness Canada, Mental Health Professional) National Certification in Process.
All treatment modalities are informed by an anti-oppressive, post-modernist practice approach that is culturally safe, anti-racist and inclusive of all identities. Tammy has additional and ongoing training in cross-cultural and decolonizing First Nations practice approaches that honour Indigenous world views. Traditional counseling sessions are 60 minutes long while EFT and AAT sessions are 75 minutes long.